GM: Sean Nittner
Players: Karen Twelves, Meg Pressley, Rocko Moran, and Adrienne Mueller
Adventure Path: Skull and Shackles
Jack Scrimshaw ran up to the top decks with dread in his eyes. “Rats. Huge Rats in the bildge”
Our brave heroes went down there and with a combination of magic and might slayed the dire rats, but not before being bitten first!
Are you not entertained?
Brought from the officers quarters came Owlbear Hawthorn, a half blind brute who had been tarred and feathered. He aped about the deck making silly noises to get a laugh, before Plugg set him about to beat up any contenders. Anand stepped up and pummeled him squarely.
- Ambrose – Attitude changed to Helpful
- “Caulky” Tarroon – Attitude changed to Friendly
- Shivikah – Attitude changed to Friendly
- 200 (Dire Rats!)
- 50 (Davey getting back his gear)
- 50 (Vyv getting back their gear)
- 100 (Ambrose “Fishguts” Kroop Helpful)
- 100 (Defeating Owlbear Hawthorn)
Total gained: 500.
New XP Total: 1325
One thought on “Actual Play – Owlbear unchained (5/26/2015)”
– The really graphic descriptions of rat death. I think we all contributed, but Sean showed particular imagination in adding visceral details.
– Everyone’s outrage at Owlbear! Much the way Scourge’s harassment of Madeline united our players in the first session, Plugg’s harassment of Owlbear united us in this one! Anand’s engagement in the ‘sport’ only added more grist to the mill!
– Ratliner betting on Anand and Davey getting it on. So good.
– Seeing the druid and the witch use their magic! It’s really cool and adds interesting dimensions to (potentially repetitive) fights.
– Similarly, seeing Anand just destroy Owlbear. As a player I’m filled with pity for Owlbear, but I also appreciate watching a Violence Machine like Anand just crush their opponent.
– The old faithfuls! It’s like we’ve established this perfect pattern. Rocky rolls terribly for Madeline and she suffers, Anand messes with people (and their shit), Vyv owns at All Things Ship. It feels good to watch us settle into a (more or less) comfortable groove.